CCleaner became well known as a browser cleaner when it came out. Since then it has added more useful features and have kept on updating it every few months. What makes CCleaner portable so unique is that it separates your browsers and you can remove the browser history for each browser and not all together if you do not want to delete all of them. The browsers are Chrome, Firefox and Edge and possibly other into the future. CCleaner can perform a default clean on your ‘regular use’ browser and clean all data from your ‘secure’ browser.
There are a number of options when cleaning your browser as you can clean out only certain things that you might want to delete and keep others. As an example you can delete your browser history while still keeping your download history. You can see the options on the pictures at the bottom and you can decide what it is that you wish to keep. You click on Custom Clean to get all these options.
- Temporary Internet Files (Internet Cache) – Files and photos which are on your computer from surfing the web;
- History – All the website you have visited;
- Cookies – Cookies are used to track your browsing habits;
- Autocomplete Form History – Forms you completed with your information such as your name and email address in;
- Recently Typed URL’s – URL’s which you have typed into the browser.
These are the most basic settings which can be changed. They are normally under the tab of Applications and you can see this in the options menu.