If you wish to stop your computer loading programs when the computer starts then you can turn off the programs from loading when the computer starts in CCleaner portable. This is much easier to do than using Windows 10 or even Windows 8 or 7 shortcuts and procedures. Not all of us are very technical and this program makes it very easy to do without any technical known how. Simply follow the procedures as shown below to start certain programs from loading. You can also uninstall programs but some just dont want certain software from loading but still want to use it later.
Stop Auto-starting programs
Auto start programs at time can be annoying. These could be a printer driver loading when you dont use the print very often. You still want to have the driver but your dont want it to load each time you start or restart you computer as it makes the computer take longer to start. Windows drags along when it is loading and most times we simply want it to load faster even with an SSD drive.
Note that Windows has a complete list of what needs to be started automatically. This is held in the registry and installing and uninstalling does make the registry inefficient which means that it would need to be cleaned from time to time. There are two options with stopping an auto-start.
- Disable it – the item will still be in the auto-start list, but it won’t run.
- Delete it – the item is deleted from the auto-start list.
As stated you might at times simply want the programs not to load as you do not use it all the time. For this you can simply disable them instead of deleting them. Below we will show you how to disable it and it is very easy to do with this CCleaner portable which is free for use and it is fully functional.
The following is what you should do with this software in order to stop the auto starting of programs at boot time.
- Click on Tools on the sidebar;
- Click on Startup in the menu;
- Click on the program you wish to stop loading at boot;
- Click on Disable on the sidebar;
- You can also use [CTRL+Click] to choose multiple programs to disable;
- You can now restart or reboot your computer to see if it works.
- Download the CCleaner Portable software on this website.